This is Girl speaking. I was standing before the crowded avenue of
Louvre. It was so full of life. A group of girls had put on a dance show and the audience was cheering them on, while the artwork of those who came before us were surrounding and looking down from the above. I wanted to be a part of this network of minds coming together, to be seen and to know that as long as we are connected none of us can be forgotten, but I could not escape the all-consuming sadness following me. At this moment, I realized that I do not have a home, and the world is too big for me to choose where to establish one. I am just a reflection of others. No one knows my inside and I am starting to lose sight of it too. Only through writing do I get a hold of it again, but my written work is getting sloppy. As I look up to the perfectly sculptured flawed faces, I feel nothing but misery. The beauty and passion of humanity, the only thing keeping me going, and yet I can no longer appreciate it. It is only a reminder of what I have not accomplished and never will, because I know death is awaiting me.
Louvre. It was so full of life. A group of girls had put on a dance show and the audience was cheering them on, while the artwork of those who came before us were surrounding and looking down from the above. I wanted to be a part of this network of minds coming together, to be seen and to know that as long as we are connected none of us can be forgotten, but I could not escape the all-consuming sadness following me. At this moment, I realized that I do not have a home, and the world is too big for me to choose where to establish one. I am just a reflection of others. No one knows my inside and I am starting to lose sight of it too. Only through writing do I get a hold of it again, but my written work is getting sloppy. As I look up to the perfectly sculptured flawed faces, I feel nothing but misery. The beauty and passion of humanity, the only thing keeping me going, and yet I can no longer appreciate it. It is only a reminder of what I have not accomplished and never will, because I know death is awaiting me.

Comments
Post a Comment