Attention, everyone! A journal which once belonged to Girl recently had its first passage of writing released. Apparently there used to exist a thing such as misplaced empathy.
The text transcribed:
"I feel so much misplaced empathy.
Today I saw elderly people drawing together at a café, returning to a time of innocence - but the wrinkles on their hands remember what not even dementia can forget. Standing at the end of life, all we want is to feel what it is like to not consider the passage of time, to leave a painting unfinished because you can always pick up the brush tomrorow.
Drawing might be the light of their day, gateway to the here and now, and yet, I can't escape the urge to cry on their behalf.
How come every laughter and warm embrace is seen through a veil of blue?
Even the absolute worst of people wait excitedly for their favorite meal, swing with their feet when they sit too high up from the ground and have milk shot out of their nostrils when laughing too hard.
Even at their most inhumane, I recognize parts of myself in them, our shared humanity, and it makes me want to shield them from the cruelty of living, in hope that they will regain their morality before their mortality gets to them"


Comments